An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


Settling In

Bachelor Housing

Bachelor Officers’ Quarters are not available aboard MCLB Albany. For assistance in locating suitable housing in the local community, please call the Housing Referral Office at (229) 639-5963.

Bachelor Enlisted Quarters are available for E1-E5 personnel. Assignment to quarters is conducted by the Barracks Manager located in Keefe Hall, Building 7130. The Barracks Manager can be reached at (229) 639-6123/7442 between the hours of 0800-1630 Monday through Friday. If you arrive in the evening or on the weekend, please call the duty noncommissioned officer in Building 7130 at (229) 639-6266 for the assignment of temporary quarters. On the next business day, staff noncommissioned officers should report to the Live Oak Lodge to make arrangements for transient billeting until suitable permanent quarters can be located in the community and sergeants and below to Building 7130 Barracks Manager for assignment to permanent quarters.


Family Housing

The Housing Office, co-located in the Lincoln Community Center at 12036 Putnam Boulevard, is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except holidays. All military personnel are required to check into Family Housing upon arrival. Personnel may call the Housing Office at (229) 639-5962, DSN 567-5962 or toll free at 1-800-707-3614. Please visit their Web site at for up-to-date housing information.

Housing Referral Program

Military orders direct that all incoming active duty personnel, regardless of marital/family status, report to the Housing Office before making any off-base housing commitments. All personnel reporting for duty at MCLB Albany must check-in with the Housing Referral Service Office, whether or not assistance is requested. Military personnel who are not eligible for family housing may obtain assistance in locating off-base housing through the Housing Referral Service Office. The program is designed to assist active duty personnel, civilian employees and military retirees in locating suitable, non-discriminatory housing in the community.


On-Base Housing

A Public-Private Venture Partnership was formed in October 2007, to redevelop the housing inventory aboard MCLB Albany. The homes on the base are owned and professionally managed by Lincoln Military Housing.

Inbound personnel should submit a DD Form 1746 and a copy of their orders to the Housing Office as soon as possible. The control date for determining when an individual becomes eligible for placement on the waiting list for family housing will be based on the date of receipt of the completed housing application package consisting of DD Form 1746, Housing Application, sexual offenders disclosure, pet information, privacy act waiver and a copy of endorsed orders.

Housing application forms are included in welcome aboard packages sent to inbound personnel. If the form is missing from the package, call the nearest military housing office or call the MCLB Albany Housing Office at (229) 639-5962 to receive one by mail or fax. Forms can also be downloaded from our Web site at

Once housing applications are processed by the Housing Office your application will be referred to Lincoln Military Housing who will contact you regarding housing availability and maintain the waiting list. Homes are offered by Lincoln staff. Leases are required with a minimum six-month commitment, continue on a month-to-month basis after the initial lease is fulfilled, require a 30-day written notice prior to vacating the property and include the military clause in the event early lease termination is required. The Lincoln management staff is located within the Lincoln Military Housing Community Center at 12036 Putnam Blvd.


Off-Base Housing

A good selection of rental property exists in the surrounding community. The rental rate for a typical three-bedroom house, with central heat and air conditioning, averages $800 to $1,200 per month, plus utilities. One-year leases are usually required. Apartments are one- to three-bedrooms, unfurnished, with six- to 12-month leases, and range from $400 to $700, plus utilities. Deposits begin at $200 and range up to a full month’s rent. Utility deposits are either not required or may be required based on personal credit references; connection fees are reasonable. Homes for sale average $120,000 for a 1,800 sq. ft., three-bedroom house with central heat and air.

The Housing Referral Office can assist personnel through personalized counseling and by providing information on military clauses, returns of deposit, landlord-tenant mediation services, local community information and other areas of concern.

Transient Lodging

On base transient billeting is limited. There are several options available to inbound and outbound active duty and DOD civilian families and all personnel on TAD orders. Live Oak Lodge has several three bedroom homes and various suite configurations available. The Live Oak Lodge office is currently located at 10308 E. Matthews Blvd and is open Monday through Friday from 0730 - 1600 for reservations and checking in/out. The telephone number for making reservations is: 229-639-5614 or DSN 567-5614. A credit card is required at the time of reservation. A confirmation number along with driving directions will be provided via fax or e-mail.

Check in time is 3:00 pm daily with check out time at 11:00 am. All homes, rooms, and suites have kitchen facilities and are furnished with all linens and requisite kitchen ware. Wi-Fi is available free of charge. Pet friendly quarters are available on a limited basis and require an additional $80 extermination fee.

No vending machines are available at Live Oak Lodge. Laundry facilities are available free of charge. Laundry detergent is not provided.

Space available reservations are accepted from Active Duty, Retirees and DOD civilians and retirees no more than 30 days in advance. For personnel who are neither on TAD nor traveling as guests of the Armed Forces the maximum period for occupying transient quarters is 30 days. The 30-day limit may be waived by the activity commander on a case-by-case basis for reasons of military necessity or personal hardship.

Household Effects and Passenger Travel

The Traffic Management Office is responsible for Household Effects and Passenger Travel. TMO is located in Building 3500, Room 5 and is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except holidays. All personnel who expect incoming shipments of household goods should contact this office at (229) 639-5823/5824 as soon as possible after arriving in Albany. After obtaining permanent change of station orders, call the outbound section at (229) 639-5824 to set up an appointment. Passenger Travel authorizes all permanent change of station and temporary additional duty travel which utilizes the Defense Travel System. Passenger Travel is responsible for official passports. For more information, call (229) 639-5932/5817.

Pass and ID, Vehicle, Pet and Weapons Registration

All motorists must have a valid Department of Defense decal affixed on their vehicle windshield to gain access to the Marine Corps Logistics Base, Albany. Those without a decal must report to the Pass and Identification Office located to the right of the main gate in Building 3010, just off Fleming Road. A 24-hour temporary pass will be issued to gain access to the base throughout the day. After the 24-hour period expires, personnel will be required to register their vehicle at Pass and ID between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.

The Pass and ID Office hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., except holidays. The following documents are required to obtain a 24-hour temporary pass:

1. A valid state driver’s license.

2. A valid motor vehicle state certification of registration.

3. A valid liability insurance policy conforming to the requirements established under Georgia state law, listing the applicant as an authorized driver.

All personnel permanently assigned to MCLB Albany and/or tenant organizations, and all civilian employees, are required to register their motor vehicle within 30 days of reporting to the installation. To register a vehicle aboard the base and obtain a MCLB Albany Department of Defense decal, you must bring with you the following documents:

1. A valid Armed Forces military identification card, dependent identification card, civilian employee identification card or contractor identification card.

2. A valid state driver’s license.

3. A valid motor vehicle state certification of registration. An applicant who is not the owner of the vehicle may submit a notarized letter from the owner authorizing registration/use of the vehicle aboard the installation.

4. A valid liability insurance policy conforming to the requirements established under Georgia state law, listing the applicant as an authorized driver.

5. If the applicant is a military member under the age of 26, a certificate showing completion of military drivers’ improvement course is required.

Military personnel under age 26 are required to participate in a drivers’ improvement course in accordance with paragraph one of Marine Corps Order 5100.19D. The Base Safety Office administers this course. In addition, the Safety Office administers the Motorcycle Safety Course, which is required to register a motorcycle aboard the base. Base Safety personnel can be reached at (229) 639-5249.

Vehicle Registration

Active duty military personnel who register their automobiles in Georgia, but are legal residents of another state, may be entitled to a waiver of Georgia taxes associated with automobile registration. Information and appropriate forms are available at the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate in Building 3500, Wing 500. For more information, call the Legal Assistance Section at (229) 639-5212.

Pet Registration

All pets brought onto the base must be registered with the Animal Control Office in Building 7520 and with veterinary services in Building 5501. To register pets, ­personnel must call the Animal Control Office at (229) 639-5188 and the Animal Clinic at (229) 639-5867 to schedule an appointment. If documentation that the animal’s shots are up-to-date is presented, the pet owner will only need to bring the pet’s shot record so that county and base tags can be issued. At that time, the pet will be registered. If the pet’s shots are not up-to-date, the owner will need to bring the animal to the Small Animal Clinic for shots and registration. The clinics are held monthly and are by appointment only. No walk-ins will be seen. The Animal Control Office and Veterinary Services must be notified when a registered pet is removed from the base. Military families living in base housing are limited to two pets per household. Pets are not allowed in transient quarters.

Weapons Registration

All privately owned weapons of personnel living on-base must be registered at the Pass and ID Office. Weapons owned by personnel living in the barracks must be checked into the armory. No weapons are allowed in the barracks. When registering weapons, please do not bring them to the registration office. For more information, call (229) 639-5100/5200.


Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany