MCLB Albany FOIA Office is the proper location to submit any FOIA request relating to any matters directly relating to Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany. The MCLB Albany FOIA Office has the authority and responsibility to make full releases of information when such releases are appropriate. All partial and full denials of requests, however, are sent to the MCIEAST FOIA Office for release determination. The MCLB Albany FOIA Office is also the place where requestors should go to inquire about the status of existing requests filed concerning any matter within the MCLB Albany FOIA Officer's area of responsibility. Any concerns with processing requests at MCLB Albany should be addressed to the MCIEAST FOIA Requestor Service Center.
MCLBA Albany Office Area of Responsibility
NOTE: MCLB Albany FOIA Office is responsible only for issues directly relating to MCLB Albany or its subordinate units. FOIA requests concerning Marine Corps Logistics Command or Production Plant Albany should be addressed to the LOGCOM FOIA Coordinator at:
OFFICE OF COUNSEL, S05
ATTN: FOIA COORDINATOR
814 RADFORD BLVD STE 20207
ALBANY, GA 31704-0207
MCLBA Albany FOIA CONTACT INFORMATION:
814 Radford Blvd, Suite 20302
Albany, Georgia 31704-0302
FOIA and Privacy Act Request
To Submit a Request on FOIA Online please use the link below
FOIA online Website (Do not attempt to login using CAC card. Hit Cancel when prompted to use CAC.)
1. Create an account.
2. Create a new request
3. Agency: Department of the Navy – including Marine Corps
4. Sub Agency: United States Marine Corps
5. Sub Agency: Marine Corps Installations Command
6. Sub Agency: Marine Corps Installations East-Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune
7. Sub Agency: Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany, GA
8. Date Submitted
9. Complete ALL CONTACT information to include reliable contact number, email, AND address.
10. Describe the documents you are requesting. NOTE For:
- Police Reports - Please be as specific as possible to include Date, Time, Location, person involved, case ID if possible.
- Video Footage - Please be as specific as possible to include Date, Time frame, Location (Building and Room, person involved (description/clothing description/ hair style anything to help identify individual/event).
FOIA REQUESTER SERVICE CENTER is a location where a FOIA requester would go to appeal denial of any claim handled by the MCLB Albany or to complain about the manner in which any such claim was handled.
USMC FOIA PUBLIC LIAISON. Any requester who is dissatisfied with the FOIA REQUESTER SERVICE CENTER's assistance may elevate his/her issue up to the USMC FOIA PUBLIC LIAISON.
WHAT IS FOIA?
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a Federal law that establishes the public’s right to request existing records from Federal government agencies. FOIA is implemented within the USMC by SECNAVINST 5720.42F.
WHO CAN FILE A FOIA REQUEST?
Any “person” can file a FOIA request, including U.S. citizens, foreign nationals, organizations, universities, businesses, and state and local governments.
ARE QUESTIONS ANSWERED UNDER THE FOIA?
The FOIA does not require Federal Agencies to answer questions, render opinions, or provide subjective evaluations. Requesters must ask for existing records.
HOW TO FILE A FOIA REQUEST.
- Ensure that somewhere on your request it states that it is a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
- Ensure that the request is signed by the person the request is concerning. In some cases the requestor may be 3rd party, ie: insurance agency, ensure that the person in whom the request is regarding signs the request.
- Describe the specific records you are requesting in enough detail so that they can be located with a reasonable amount of effort. Generally, a record is reasonably described when the description contains sufficient file-related information (type of document, title, subject area, date of creating, originator, etc.); or the request contains enough event-related information (date of circumstances surrounding the event the record covers) to permit the conduct of an organized, non-random search.
- Because most Marine Corps records are not retained permanently, the more information provided, the better opportunity there is to determine if the records would still exist and where. The FOIA clearly states that records must exist at the time the request is submitted to be considered.
- Ensure you state your willingness to pay all fees or those up to a specified amount or provide a justification to support a fee waiver. Agreements to pay fees are considered to be up to $250, unless another amount is specified. Currently we charge search, review (for commercial requestors only), and duplicated costs. (The fee schedule is provided at enclosure (3) of Secretary of the Navy Instruction 5720.42F.) If you seek a fee waiver, provide a justification for such a waiver.
- Ensure a complete postal service mailing address is provided on the request in which a response to a FOIA request can be received at.
- Ensure the FOIA request has been signed by the requestor.
Filing an Official Complaint
FOIA requesters who have questions concerning the processing of their requests by any USMC component within our listed Area of Responsibility should contact this Center at (229) 639-7319. If you are not satisfied with the response received from this Center, you may contact the MCIEAST Requester Service Center through the link below or Ms. Teresa D. Ross, the U.S. Marine Corps FOIA Public Liaison by telephone at (703) 614-4008 or by e-mail at email@example.com.